1 12 ounce box whole-wheat penne (you can substitute your favorite pasta)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 shallot, finely chopped (can replace with 1/4 cup onion or 1/2 teaspoon onion powder)
1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
1 15 ounce can pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Fresh parsley, chopped
1 1/2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to box directions, drain and return to pot. Cover to keep warm.
- In saucepan, heat oil on medium. Add shallots, coook and stir until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk in broth, evaporated milk, pumpkin, spice, salt and pepper, bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer uncovered for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Toss pasta with sauce.
- Top individual servings with parsley and parmesan