Monday, August 23, 2010

Meal Planning #2

It is still monstrously hot here, but with the start of cross-country practice, I have to up the calorie and carb content to keep up DS's weight and energy.  The real trick is for DH and I to avoid gaining any weight.

Monday - Dinner at Grandma's - Paneed pork chops, mashed potatoes*, peas and corn
Tuesday - Dinner at Grandma's - Coconut shrimp, garlic spaghetti and steamed broccoli
Wednesday - Butternut squash risotto and green salad
Thursday - Grilled chicken, boiled mini potatoes and steamed broccoli and green salad
Friday - Dinner and a Movie - Killer Shrimp Pasta and green salad with Free Willy Parfaits
Saturday - Roast beef, mashed potatoes, sauteed spinach and steamed broccoli
Sunday - Chicken Cacciatore over pasta green salad and garlic bread

Found a new quick and easy idea I will be trying breakfast tomorrow-- DS loves oatmeal, this sounds like it beats the instant stuff - 50's Housewife Baked Oatmeal.

*Have you ever tried Ore Ida Steam-n-Mash?  I am sure I laughed at this when I first saw the commercial (frozen chunky cut potatoes steam in the bag, then you mash and add milk and butter.)  If I am going to do the work of real mashed potatoes, I might as well use fresh not frozen mashed potatoes.  I assumed you would end up with a gluey, tasteless, watery textured poor substitute (frozen dinner mashed potatoes anyone?).  I WAS WRONG. 

These are WAY BETTER than instant mashed potatoes, and dare I say, come very close to homemade.  The only thing missing was the lumps.

No comments:

Post a Comment