1 1/4 cups orange juice
1/4 cup Grand Mariner liqueur
3/4 cup canola oil
2 cups chopped cranberries
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped orange zest
4 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the orange juice, Grand Marnier, and the oil; set aside while you prepare batter.
- In a large bowl combine the all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and orange zest.
- In another large bowl, beat the egg whites until frothy.
- Combine the juice mixture with the beaten egg whites.
- Add the egg mixture and the cranberries to the flour, stirring until just moist.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure divide the batter among 24 muffin cups that have been fitted with paper lines. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and puffed.