2 large onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon butter
1 pound crabmeat
2 bay leaves
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Pinch of thyme
1 tablespoon celery, chopped
4 slices toast
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 tablespoon parsley, minced
2 tablespoons green onions, sliced in slender rings
- Saute onions and garlic in butter until tender.
- Add crabmeat, bay leaves, salt, Worchestershire, thyme and celery.
- Simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Wet toast, squeeze to remove excess water and add to crab mixture.
- Add parsley, egg and milk, mix thoroughly with crabmeat.
- Place mixture in real or tin crab shells or in small mounds on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and dot with butter.
- Bake 350 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes until browned.